5 Reasons to Encapsulate Your Crawl Space
Posted on October 30, 2021
5 Reasons to Encapsulate your Crawl Space
Do I need to spend money on encapsulating my Crawl Space? My Crawl space seems just fine. These mindsets may cost you in the future. Since we do not see our crawl space every day, foundation damage may occur without us ever knowing. Not only does a leak in your crawlspace create potential health hazards, but it also leads to foundation decay. Here are five solid reasons to encapsulate your crawlspace:
- Reduce Costs on your Next Energy Bill. The moisture from your crawlspace will eventually make its way into your home. Moisture in the air strains your HVAC when it comes to cooling and heating your home. Your HVAC system expends even more energy to heat and cool your home. This strain leads to shortened fuses and shortens the life of your HVAC. Save on your bill and help the environment. A crawlspace provides energy-saving solutions.
- Clear the Air and Your Lungs. Mold and mildew are the silent culprits of dirty air and many chronic sinus allergies. Wood, carpet, and other materials are susceptible to binding with spores. The spores released into the air can lead to debilitating allergies at best. Rodents, insects, and frogs are attracted to moist environments. Think of the stagnant water creating a new ecosystem under your home. Save on doctor bills and save yourself the stress of pests overrunning your home by keeping the moisture out in the first place.
- Save Money on Foundation Repair. Eventually, a home subjected to moist conditions will weaken and succumb to foundation damage. If you wish to pass your house down or sell it, your home needs stable longevity. Home Inspectors will inspect your foundation. A rotting crawlspace will hinder the sale of your home. Along with foundation costs, a crawlspace collapsing can lead to plumbing and electrical complications.
- Increase the value of your house. When homeowners are searching the market for a new home, they do not want complicated maintenance. Taking that extra step to encapsulate will raise the value of your home and over convenience to new homeowners. After you invest in encapsulation, all you have to do is list the house.
- Feel Comfortable Year Round. The insulation provided by encapsulation will enable your body to adjust to better sleep and overall comfort. You will reduce the risks of pneumonia because your indoor temperature will be consistent year-round.
Encapsulation prevents home repairs. Foundation repair costs can exceed what it would cost you to encapsulate. With encapsulation, you will be able to preserve your home for years to come. If you are curious about encapsulation in the Eastern North Carolina area, contact Atlantic Foundation and Repair for more information.